What color do you wear in MAC foundation?
I actually don’t wear MAC foundations, however I’m a NC44/NW43 in Studio Fix fluid and powder.
What color do you wear in Make Up For Ever HD foundation?
I wear #173/Amber in the HD, and #70 in the Mat Velvet.
What’s your skin type?
Combo/Oily. I get oily around my nose and slightly oily around my chin area. The middle of my forehead gets slightly oily too. I don’t have the worst oily skin, it’s not dripping lol, but it definitely gets shiny. I also get oily around the outer-corners of my eyes However, the benefit of having oily skin is that you’ll age less
What brushes do you recommend for a beginner?
If you’re just starting out, I’d suggest Sonia Kashuk’s brush line available at Target. She makes really nice professional brushes for those on a budget. Also check out Eco-tools (available at Rite-Aid and some Target stores. They might be at Walgreens too) and Essence of Beauty brushes at CVS.
What 5 eye brushes by MAC do you recommend?
Read my MAC Eye Brush Overview
I recommend almost all of them, but if you’re just starting your MAC brush collection you should always try to have at least one brush that will do a separate task for your whole makeup application. I recommend these brushes from MAC to start out with for the following reasons:
- #239 – applies your eyeshadow — really picks up matte shadows well -OR- #242 – same as 239 but has a synthetic bristle blend — its great for all eyeshadow formulas, especially loose shadows.
- #217 – blends your eyeshadow.
- #224 – fluffier than a #217 and can smooth out any eyeshadow so that there aren’t any harsh edges — however, some people with smaller lids prefer the #226 which was Limited Edition and kinda hard to find now. It does the same thing as the #224 but it’s more compact.
- #263 – pointy liner brush to apply your gel or cream liner OR the #210 which will give you a super fine line.
- #219 – pencil brush that can help smudge out your shadows or liner to give you a smokey effect.
What kind of camera do you use?
I now use a Canon EOS 60D with the standard zoom lens, and a Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro lens. Before I got the 60D, I used a Canon A620 Powershot (7.1 megapixels) for still shots. For youtube videos I use a Samsung HD camera. I will be using my Canon 60D for video from now on though…
…more to come