So you wanna look a hot mess? Of course you don’t. Nobody really intends to look a hot mess, but sometimes it just happens. Some of us don’t have good friends to pull us to the side and say “Hey girl, that blush is pretty but I think you should use a little less”, or “Girl your eyebrows are so close together they’re about to start dating!”. I put on some really brave shoes to include multiple makeup infractions on my face all at once so you guys can see what looking a hot mess entails. Are you ready? Brace yourselves…cuz this aint pretty!
You can’t tell me anything, I know I look good!
My pearly whites!
I am too sexy for my socks
Nope, my sh*t don’t stink at all!
Such a sexy b*tch!
Oh yes, darling!
Oh those mascara spots? that’s just there for decoration
LMAO!!!!1 Yes, I really just did that…
Ok but seriously. Let’s go thru each infraction that makes this look an official “hot ass mess”. This post isn’t to deter you from being a rebel or having a mind of your own and doing your makeup however you want. This is for people who are looking for advice and tips on what to do and what NOT to do. I’m all for individuality, do you. But for those who wanna know why certain things aren’t acceptable, this is for you.
I think at some point in our lives we were guilty of a few of these things, even to this day. Nobody is perfect, makeup isn’t meant to be perfect by any means. We’re all trying to learn though, right?
10 MAKEUP NO-NO’S
- 1. The super strong, super sharp boxy eyebrows. They never look natural and they can make you look like a man. Unless you’re doing a drag look, try to avoid this. Fill in your brows according to their natural growth. Use a color close to your natural brow color and use a light hand. Remember this folks, your eyebrows will make or break your entire look. If they’re not right, the whole look is ruined.
- 2. Overdosing on a highlight color for your brow-bone area. Oh boy, do see how heavy that highlight is? I’ve seen girls actually do this and they think it’s cute but it’s not. Your brow-bone highlight should never be this frosty and out there.
- 3. Un-blended eyeshadow. I can’t even begin to tell you how many girls I’ve seen walking around with strips, literally strips of color. They don’t blend them, they don’t even attempt to. They just pile bands of color on top of each other, or they’ll wear one color alone and it just looks terrible. No matter if you’re using one color or five colors, always blend your eyeshadow.
- 4. Messy mascara. We all make mascara messes (I know I do), but clean it up as much as you can. Don’t try to tell us you were going for that “leopard look” because I know damn well that’s a lie. Also, try to avoid adding 20 coats of mascara if you can.
- 5. Over-contouring. See how the sides of my nose are just doing the most? Yea, try to avoid that. Also, my cheeks…under my bright ass blush, there’s a heavy harsh line of a contour color that just shouldn’t be there. Blending is key folks!
- 6. Which brings us to the bright ass blush. Dude, chill on the blush! You only need a tiny bit for everyday wear. The Raggedy Ann look just isn’t it.
- 7. Stark white eyeliner on your water-line. It doesn’t look natural. Try using a shade warm enough for your skin tone like a creamy beige, tan or wheat color
- 8. Fake moles. I mean really, are we still doing that??
- 9. Lipstick on the teeth. Use the finger-pop method or take a piece of tissue or paper and put the corner of it inside of your lips and press down to remove the inner part of the lipstick that would otherwise rub off on your teeth and make you look ridiculous in the process.
- 10. Last but not least….STOP. LINING. YOUR. LIPS. WITH. BLACK. OR. BROWN. LINER!!!!!!!! This is the ugliest and most common makeup no-no I’ve seen done multiple times by numerous women. Lining your lips should never be too obvious. Blend the liner out folks! It’s not hard, just smush your lips together until you don’t see a harsh line anymore. Then apply your lip color and blend so that everything comes together. Your lips should not look like a puckered booty-hole.
Ya’ll have NO idea how hard I was laughing in between each picture. A true mess, I swear.
Do you guys have any makeup no-no’s of your own you’d like to share? Post them below!
-Stay beautiful (and avoid everything I did in those pictures LOL!)