I clearly need to buy more NYX blushes. They are, in a word, fabulous. The fact you can get an extremely smooth and pigmented blush for about $6 a pop is pure love and recession friendly like a mug. As of now, I only have four of these babies but I see myself buying a few more colors in the near future. These blushes remind me of a higher-end brand such as NARS because of their pigmentation. It’s really amazing how little you need with these babies.
NYX blushes in Pinky, Desert Rose, Copper, Cocoa
with flash: Pinky, Desert Rose, Copper, Cocoa
no flash: Pinky, Desert Rose, Copper, Cocoa
me wearing Desert Rose blush heavily. The pigmentation is amazing.
Best applied using a soft fluffy brush like a MAC 168 or 116, but you can use whatever you have. I also like my Sonia Kashuk powder brush with these. You could also use your fingers — they’re that blendable and smooth! I personally find these blushes to last as long as any of my NARS or MAC blushes. The beauty of some colors is that you can use them for blush or contouring, I often contour with my Cocoa blush because it’s like a bronzer and blush in one for me. They come in a pretty large range of colors for every skin-tone, so there’s definitely something for everyone.
- Affordable – around $6 a piece.
- Lots of product for your money (.14oz/4g)
- Hypoallergenic and cruelty free.
- Very pigmented, buttery soft and smooth.
- They never look powdery or ashy on the face.
- Versatile – you can use some colors for contouring, bronzing or highlighting.
- Because they’re very soft, they can be somewhat powdery in the pan after you swirl your brush into it.
- Storage can get bulky, these aren’t easy to depot and put into a palette
I highly recommend these blushes. I may only have four, but that’s more than enough to be able to tell you that they’re the sh*t. As far as the outcome goes, I would compare these to a higher end blush like NARS or even MAC. They may be slightly more powdery when you’re digging your brush into the pan, but that’s something I’d gladly put up with just because the product itself is so fabulous. Make sure you pick up at least two of these. I can’t wait to get my hands on about five more!