If there was one lip product in my entire collection that I could take out to dinner, it’d be my NYX Mega Shine lip glosses ($5.50). These babies hold a very special place in my heart. They are beyond “holy grail” material for me, I seriously cannot live without these…it’s that serious. Reason being is that they’re super inexpensive, feel awesome on my lips, and look amazing. I’m all about stretching my dollar like spandex on the biggest booty in the world, so these are definitely a win-win.
What I love most about these glosses is the formula. They are incredibly smooth and creamy on the lips and are not as sticky as most lip glosses. Most of them super pigmented and fully opaque and can be used in place of a lipstick. There’s a huge range of beautiful colors that would suit each and every single skin-tone. For the wild n crazy makeup artist there’s a black, white and pearl gloss! I know what you’re thinking…“What in the world am I gonna do with a black lip gloss?” You can use those to either deepen or lighten any lipstick, or gloss…there’s a huge variety of things you could do with these. I absolutely hands down love them, they are my top favorite lip product in my entire collection (followed by Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush lip glosses, which I’ll touch on later).
I love all of the ones I have so far, but my favorite colors are Hot Fudge, African Queen and Orchid. I use those the most, but I definitely use them all.
From left to right: Purple Rain, Black, Chestnut, Hot Fudge, African Queen, Vanilla, Clear, Crystal Red, Juicy Cherry, Sunshine, Silver Plum, Gold Pink, Maroon, Orchid, Pearl, Silver
African Queen – label (look at how much product is in this for just $5.50!!)
African Queen – large doe foot applicator wand (same wand on each gloss)
- Creamy, smooth and shiny formula that isn’t streaky, goopy, gunky or gross.
- Nowhere near as sticky as a regular MAC lipglass.
- Non-drying and you get a decent amount of wear out of these.
- Huge range of sheer to semi-sheer to completely opaque colors.
- Large doe-foot applicator to provide maximum coverage.
- Extremely inexpensive, considering how much gloss is in each tube (.53 fl. oz!!).
- Hard to find in physical stores, except Ulta. You may find these at beauty supply stores too, if you’re lucky.
I am a huge fan of these, and I plan on buying as many as possible. If you love lip gloss, and haven’t tried these, please pick a few of them up. They’re cheap, they’re fabulous, and I kiss the ground they walk on.